article thumbnail

My History of Live Blogged Notes

Experiencing eLearning

Podcasting with Section 508. Transitioning from WebCT to Sakai. Learning Communities. E-Learning Communities. Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities. What can Educators Learn from Online Religious Communities? Choosing and Implementing the Right LMS. Other Topics.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

Keeping Up - April's Big Question

eLearning Cyclops

However, being involved in an e-learning community is a big help. For me it is a blog community and following many experts on Twitter. Many of the blogs I follow are part of the eLearningLearning community. This is in reference the immense and rapidly expanding technology tools.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learning Management Systems: The Good, Bad & Missing

Academy of Mine

Generally speaking, Learning Management Systems like WebCT or Blackboard are used for larger educational institutions like colleges or universities, while LMS’s like the one we offer are used more by individual course sellers. However, it’s important not to get overwhelmed by the features of different Learning Management Systems.

LMS 52
article thumbnail

Learning Management System Comparison: LMS Features Chart

Academy of Mine

For example, larger learning institutions like universities and colleges will probably opt for a service is Blackboard or WebCT. Options like WebCT and Blackboard don’t really cater to the individual course seller or subject matter expert. However, they’ve released CourseSites to the community of individual teachers and academics.

LMS 40